4 portions of pasta (about 80 g per person)
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
12 cherry tomatoes
Large handful of spinach (about 50g)
For the sauce:
About 75g pine nuts (use sunflower seeds to make this nut free)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
170g sun-dried (or sunblushed) tomatoes in oil, plus 3 tablespoons of the oil from the jar
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
8-10 tablespoons water, depending on the consistency you like best
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
2. While the pasta cooks, make the sauce. Place all the pine nuts in a large frying pan (you'll use the same one later to cook the tomatoes) over a medium heat and toast them for 2-3 minutes. Once golden, remove from the pan and place to one side. Place the pan back on the heat.
3. Add the crushed garlic to the pan and sauté it with a drizzle of olive oil for 2 minutes or so. Place the sun-dried tomatoes and the oil from the jar in a blender, along with the warmed garlic, of salt and lemon juice, two thirds of the toasted pine nuts, balsamic, water and a sprinkling it should be a little chunky, but you can pepper. Pulse until it comes together to form a sauce add a splash more water if you like it a little smoother. pan minute while you slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Add them to the
4. Place the garlic in a frying pan a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and cook for a with and let them blister on a high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir through the drained pasta with the sun-dried tomato sauce and spinach and cook for a final few minutes until the spinach wilts.
5. Serve with lots of pepper and the extra toasted pine nuts on top